Monday 3 November 2008

Whether you ask or not















A woman who is in the process of doing a Phd proposal about Berlin as a centre for cultural production suggested to me in an email that I was "integrated into the Berlin art scene." She has never met me and has no idea what I've been invited to.

A man called Marco in Charlottenberg fixed my radio mic's for free. This makes up for last weeks tripod trauma. It's also a relief as rental in not cheap but it is surprisingly easy in comparison to renting video kit in London.

Last Friday night, with an abundance of artists in town, we did the classic, troupe marches for over an hour across town for the right restaurant. K started feeling responsible and he took a call from another K who told him that he'd previously presided over the same scenario in Oslo. We eventually stopped and ate pizza at a place on Auguststrasse which was like being dropped into an Irish wedding - although you wouldn't normally eat pizza at an Irish wedding. As the place filled up it reminded me of music nights at The Macbeth when R and J ran the Hoxton Distillery above it.

Now all the Art Fairs have packed up and the cold is moving in. I bought a bike for €80 called Hercules off a Canadian woman who is moving back home.

No comments: