Tuesday 25 November 2008

Missing














There are always a couple of no shows when you hold auditions so it wasn't a surprise to me when one of this mornings didn't make it. Communication with him had been patchy. Had I told him to call me when he got here as I have no bell? In one email he changed his audition time, which isn't how it works, so I emailed him back with another time that didn't clash with anyone elses. He didn't reply. An hour and half after I the time I suggested to him, I got a text:

"Fucking shit! You sent me over here and I had to find your room and then you are not here."
A couple of emails and text were then exchanged. S suggested that I shouldn't have been so reactionary.
"I take great offense to being addressed in this way"
"I think its even a no budget art project, otherwise you would handle with the actors more professionell and wouldnt be such a mimose."

Mimose is German for Mimosa, a genus of tropical and very delicate shrubs, herbs and trees. Mimosa Hostilis is a plant that contains large levels of the powerful hallucinogen Dimethyltryptamine in its roots. Dimethyltryptamine is naturally produced in small amounts in the brains and other tissues of humans, and other mammals. Several speculative hypotheses suggest that it plays a role in promoting the visual effects of dreaming and near-death experiences. In medical tests, patients whose bodies produce an excess of Dimethyltryptamine or have ingested Dimethyltryptamine, have reported contact with 'other beings'. These are alien like, insectoid or reptilian in nature often set in highly advanced technological environments. Subjects reported being 'carried', 'probed', 'tested', 'manipulated', 'dismembered', 'taught', 'loved' and even 'raped' by these 'beings'.

Similar to a Bucks Fizz, a 'Mimosa'
is a cocktail drink made from one part champagne and two parts chilled orange juice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really?
I learned that mimose is a plant, that pulls back its delicate leaves when you touch i- my grandma had one, i touched it and its leaves curled inwards!
more soon
miss t xx