Friday 5 December 2008

Mash up



















After a trip to the cinema to see an Argentinian film called 'Liverpool', I went to a moderately expensive restaurant serving Italian cuisine with a German twist. I sat beside a young German man and a small young Korean Canadian woman who sounded like H. She wasn't happy to have someone in close proximity and covered her face with her hand. She got over it as I busied myself unpacking the €19 book on K's films that I'd bought the day before. It's called "I was the good and he was the bad and the ugly". I promptly dripped olive oil on some of the pages. I began reading "Atmosphere" one of the film scripts. The couple's conversation resumed. He was telling her that there were only 7 days each month when she was fertile. There was a pause.

"Oh", she said.
"You have beautiful eyes", he said.
"Is it a documentary or a memory?", I read.
"OK, now I'm thinking of a capital city in Europe beginning with L", she said.
"That's easy, I've lived there", he said.
"He kissed me between my legs below my hair, above any feeling you could ever imagine", I read.
"No, not Luxembourg. You know 'The Simpsons'? Homer, Marge, Bart and Lisa? Well the first syllable in this city's name is the same as Lisa's", she said.
"Mmm", he said.
"Then he fucked me very, very slowly and my heartbeats went very, very fast", I read.
"And the second syllable? Well, that is the word for candy in French", she said.
"You have to give me more clues", he said.
"I loved him", I read.
"Really? Ok, the first syllable, "lis" from Lisa and the second? It's bon of course!" , she said.
"Lisbon is not the capital of Portugal. The capital of Portugal is Porto", he said.
"Then he turned my body and fucked me from behind and...", I read.
"Ok, yeah. But Lisbon is a bigger city than Porto", she said.
"But it's not the capital", he said.
"...and I put my fingers on my cunt."
"Uh oh. Hey, you want to sex me up?"
"You want to sex ME up?
"No, sex is enough", I read.

They giggled, then got up to go. I looked up at them. He was wearing a bright yellow hoody which had bold white helvetica text on the front. It said: "The aim of decision is to define space". He smiled at me. They paid and left. The waitress served me my dinner of sausage, pork and polenta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Seems they went going off to act out what you were reading :)
Would not have thought that guessing "Lisbon" would lead to "come to bed" .. but hey... you never know! I like what they actually said to make their intentions clear.. but it sounds funny too. Your dinner sounds tasty :)